Our aim is to establish a more circular economy
Modino are experts in distribution, and the entire life cycle of mobile phones. We do all we can to extend the life of phones, and we use our expertise to contribute to the green transition.
We constantly strive to make mobile telephony more sustainable by recycling as much as we can.
We are reducing our climate footprint
- We recycle mobile phones, paper and packaging
- We are improving our working environment, waste management, energy use, purchasing and transport
- Our warehouse operations will cut emissions using the AutoStore solution
- In 2022, we will move to new premises – and significantly reduce our energy consumption
At Modino we are reducing the climate footprint of everything we do.
Customers and partners demand this of us – and we expect the same in return. We want to help establish a more sustainable telecom industry.
Our climate goals
By 2025, we will be climate neutral – that means we will:
- Use 100% carbon-neutral transport
- Use 100% recycled packaging
- Sell 100% repurchased/part-exchanged devices in local markets.
- Sort 98% of suppliers’ waste
We are a certified
Modino is a certified Eco-Lighthouse
The certification scheme helps companies by providing simple, concrete and profitable measures and tools.
This is Norway’s most widely used certification scheme, with around 6,700 current certificates. The EU ranks the scheme on a par with other international eco-label schemes (EMAS and ISO 14001).
We cooperate with RENAS
Modino is a member of RENAS – Norway’s leading electrical waste compliance scheme. With 14 treatment plants and 100 collection points across the country, RENAS ensures producer responsibility for nearly 2,700 manufacturers and importers of WEEE products.
RENAS is a non-profit organisation, owned by the Norwegian Electrical Trade Association (EFO) and the trade association Elektro og Energi (Electronics and Energy).